Togatus is the independent student media at the University of Tasmania, by students, for students. It is a place for discussion, debate, and dissent on any aspect of the university student experience. Togatus offers a fun, collaborative working environment where freedom of expression and creativity is encouraged.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable insight on how Togatus operates, and it provides an excellent starting point to progress to higher responsibilities.
Expressions of Interest for the Website Manager position is now open.
Contract: The contract commences on the 1st of December and ends on the 30th of November 2018. Renumerated by honoraria (to be negotiated).
Demand: Approximately 5 hours per week.
The Website’s Manager primary responsibility is to ensure that the Togatus website is functioning properly and to its greatest potential.
- Maintain and update the Togatus website on a regular basis.
- Publish completed articles on a regular basis, under the guidance of the Deputy Editor and the Editor-in-Chief.
- Source visual content for the website in collaboration with the Creative Director, such as accompanying visuals for articles.
- Manage Togatus’ social media platforms, as required.
- Attend meetings organised by the Editor-in-Chief, as required.
The candidate must be currently enrolled at the University of Tasmania.
The ideal candidate will have great understanding of WordPress and its backend. Some experience with PHP, HTML, and CSS is beneficial, but only enthusiasm to learn is essential.
To submit an expression of interest for this position, please forward a current resume and a cover letter addressing eligibility criteria, desirable skills, and experience relative to responsibilities to the Editor-in-Chief firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 20th of November 2017.
Interviews for this role will be done within the following dates: Tuesday 21st of November and Monday the 27th of November 2017.