Togatus is the independent student media at the University of Tasmania, by students, for students. It is a place for discussion, debate, and dissent on any aspect of the university student experience. Togatus offers a fun, collaborative working environment where freedom of expression and creativity is encouraged.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in media, with a strong focus on a media outlet’s visual identity. This position comes with a great potential for professional development, networking, and an increased connection with the student community.
Expressions of Interest for the Creative Director position are now open.
Contract: The contract commences on the 1st of December and ends on the 30th of November 2018. Remunerated by honoraria (to be negotiated).
Demand: Minimum 15 hours per week.
The Creative Director oversees the overall aesthetic of Togatus.
- Ensure that Togatus’ brand identity remains consistent across all platforms, including social media and the website.
- Source visual content for Togatus from student contributors.
- Direct the design team.
- Work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and the Deputy Editor on magazine layout.
- Collaborate with the Website Manager on the website’s aesthetic.
- Work alongside the Director of Publication and the Editor-in-Chief when planning events.
- Create graphics and banners for Togatus when required.
- Attend all meetings organised by the Editor-in-Chief.
The candidate must be currently enrolled at the University of Tasmania. A Bachelor of Media degree or a Journalism major/minor is advantageous but not required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Togatus’ brand identity. They will also demonstrate creativity and ingenuity through creation of visual concepts to further develop Togatus as a student media outlet. They will also have experience in programs used in programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Lightroom.
To submit an expression of interest for this position, please forward a current resume and a cover letter addressing eligibility criteria, desirable skills, and experience relative to responsibilities to the Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com no later than Fri 16th of November 2018.
Interviews for this role will be conducted on the following dates: 16th, and the 19th of November 2018.
Immediate supervisor: Editor-in-Chief