Togatus is the independent student media at the University of Tasmania, by students, for students. It is a place for discussion, debate, and dissent on any aspect of the university student experience. Togatus offers a fun, collaborative working environment where freedom of expression and creativity is encouraged.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in media and communications with a web focus. This position comes with great potential for professional development, networking, and an increased connection with the student community.
Expressions of Interest for the Digital Editor position are now open.
Contract: Immediate commencement, term ending in 30th November 2017. Renumerated by honoraria (to be negotiated)
Demand: Minimum 15 hours per week.
The Digital Editor is to oversee the digital branch of Togatus, including the monitoring of Togatus’ website and social media.
The duties of this position include:
- Maintain and update the Togatus website on a regular basis.
- Share content with and monitoring Togatus’ social media.
- Oversee fact checking and editing of articles for the Togatus website.
- Monitor multiple blogs and social media feeds by SRCs, TUU State President, noteworthy writers, news media etc. in order to keep up-to-date knowledge and source content.
- Assign writers and photographers to cover local and University events.
- Assist in managing all student writers.
- Attend all meetings organised by the Editor-in-Chief.
The candidate must be currently enrolled at the University of Tasmania. A Bachelor of Media degree or Journalism major/minor is advantageous but not required.
The ideal candidate will have good editorial and writing skills, and a genuine passion for student media. They will either have experience in media in some respect or demonstrate a good understanding of media. Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, or WordPress is beneficial but only enthusiasm to learn is essential. It is also advantageous that they have contributed to Togatus previously.
To submit an expression of interest for this position, please forward a current resume with a covering letter addressing eligibility criteria, desirable skills, and experience relative to responsibilities to the Editor-in-Chief, April Cuison at email@example.com no later than 5.00 pm Friday 24th February 2017.